Time & Location
Jul 16, 12:00 PM – Jul 21, 9:00 PM
About the event
Madden Tournament Rules & Logistics
We're excited to host our first Madden Tournament, open to middle school and high school athletes, and our college athlete partners. This tournament will take place entirely online, and is free to participate. Here's what you need to know:
The tournament will run from Sunday, July 16th to Friday, July 21st.
The tournament will feature 64 competitors in a single-elimination format, similar to March Madness.
- Sunday: Round of 64
- Monday: Round of 32
- Tuesday: Sweet 16
- Wednesday: Elite 8
- Thursday: Final Four
- Friday: Championship
You will need your own PlayStation 5 and a copy of Madden 23 game to participate.
- Game Mode: All games must be played in "Play Now" mode.
- Game Settings: The game should be played on "competitive" with 6 minute quarters and accel clock off.
- Teams: Both teams get 3 randoms and 1 suicide to pick their teams. They have to be on facetime with each other when doing so.
- Pausing the Game: Pausing the game is not allowed except for emergencies or technical issues. Unnecessary pausing or frequent interruptions can be grounds for disqualification.
- Disconnected Games: In the event of a disconnection, the game will be considered forfeit unless both players agree to a restart. However, if a player consistently disconnects, they may be disqualified.
- Unsportsmanlike Conduct: Any form of cheating, exploiting bugs, or unsportsmanlike behavior, including harassment or disrespect of other players, is strictly prohibited and may result in disqualification.
- Reporting Scores: The winner of each match is responsible for reporting the score immediately following the conclusion of the match. Screenshots or video proof may be requested to confirm the results.
- Twitch Streaming: The final four competitors will be required to stream their games on Twitch, in accordance with the instructions provided.
- Availability: Participants must be available to play their games at the scheduled times. Failure to show up for a scheduled game may result in a forfeit.